Ready to enter the fan-to-industry pipeline?
Spotify Playlist Curator
Are you a music connoisseur with a deep passion for fandoms?
Do you know your pop punk from your K-pop and your classic rock from your indie folk?
If you’re nodding your head enthusiastically, you might just be the Spotify Playlist Curator we’ve been searching for!
At That Fangirl Life, we’re all about celebrating the music that makes our hearts sing, and we want YOU to help us spread the love! We’re a team of passionate fans from around the world who believe that music has the power to make life better, one beat at a time.
In this role, you’ll be curating and publishing Spotify playlists for inclusion in web and social content, creating quick-witted descriptions and sourcing licensed imagery to avoid any awkward copyright cases against us! You’ll also be:
- Crafting handpicked Spotify playlists that transport listeners to the heart of their favourite fandoms.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest music trends, artist releases, and fan-driven favorites.
- Collaborating with our team to create themed playlists that make fans swoon, mixing and matching songs like a musical mad scientist to create the perfect sonic experience.
- Engaging with our music-loving community, taking song requests and sharing your enthusiasm.
- Embracing the fangirl spirit and infuse it into every playlist you curate.
- Delivering playlists to deadlines which align with key dates in our content calendar, and the wider music calendar.
* This role is voluntary and therefore, unpaid—everyone who contributes to the platform, whether as a writer or social editor does so for free.
how to work with us
01. fill out the application form ⟶
If you want to be in charge of creating the ultimate fangirl playlists, send us your information and we’ll get back to you soon.
It would be great if you could also link to some of your own playlists in your application so we can have a little listen! 👀
02. we’ll be in touch if we wish to progress your application
Should we require more information, we’ll be in touch on the email address you provide. We’ll strive to respond to everyone who applies, but please do be patient – we are a small team! We aim to respond to all queries within five working days.
03. Keep an eye on our jobs board for any future roles
Should you not be successful in your application, we’d encourage you to keep an eye on our jobs board and social channels. We can’t take on everyone who applied (as much as we’d love to!) but we’d welcome you to reapply in the future.